Unity Tutorial 07

Unity Tutorial 07 

This week was the last tutorials completed for the Ruby's Adventure Tutorial. For this week we were tasked with adding audio to our game and configuring some settings to make it possible to upload the game to several platforms.

(Image of Unity tutorial)

I started off with the task of implementing background music to the game. When putting in the music audio and pressing play I could hear a cheerful tune in the game. I was now able to play all of the elements in the game while having the music constantly playing. After this I was able to add a sound of the collectible being collected which sounded like a little jingle.

(Image of script code)

After this I was able to fix some errors I was having by checking the script over and solved several issues I was having. This meant that I could easily move on to the last step without having to clean things up later.

In the final tutorial I was able to see how I would be able to upload a 2d Unity game for the public to play on several platforms and devices. These devices included PC, Mac, Ios, Android, Ps4 and many more. This was interesting due to the fact that I was unaware that I could configure the game to different platforms without outside hosting. In the future when I might try developing a game myself with my own assets, this would be useful information to remember and great to have learned.


(This is a screenshot of my Unity Tutorial)

In the player menu I changed the company name from the "DefaultCompany" Name to my name. I thought this would be useful to help me remember in the future what I can do and led me into thinking about what kind of name I would give if I had my own game development company.

Comments

Popular Posts